Sunday, February 14, 2010

There are only so many things you can do...


when you're stuck with your feet propped up on two large pillows. We'll see how long this blogging/website thing lasts; I'm definitely not making any promises. I do think this will be a fairly easy way to share updates and future pictures with everyone so I will at least try and give it a shot.

In the event that you haven't been keeping track (and I don't blame you since half of the time Daniel and I forget where we're at), the 30th week of our pregnancy is currently underway which means that Henry is now approximately the size of a squash. This doesn't seem too impressive until you remember he was only a poppyseed back in August.


Our last appointment with Dr. Cook (the baby doctor) was Thursday and it looks like we will be beginning twice weekly appointments from here on out. A little background in case the news hasn't spread: a couple of weeks ago Dr. Cook became concerned with some swelling in my feet and ordered an array of tests. The majority of the labs came back fine with minimal abnormalities, however, it was found that I am releasing more protein than is acceptable. The cutoff for protein is 300mg/24 hour period and I was at 350mg which is categorized as borderline pre-eclampsia. The good news is that there haven't been any problems with my blood pressure so far, which would be the most problematic part of pre-eclampsia. The bad news is that my blood pressure issues could change very quickly and become a serious situation.

Needless to say, we're going to handle the whole situation with quite a bit of caution. On Monday we will begin a series of steroid shots to further Henry's lung development in case he has to come early and I will only be working part-time from here on out (or until the doctor decides that full bed rest would be the safer option). Prayers/good thoughts are definitely appreciated as it looks like the next 10 weeks might be a bit rocky!

This news has kind of set a kink in our plans- everything around the house seems a little more urgent now. The nursery is coming along very well- thanks to Daniel- and should be finished next weekend, pictures to follow. We crossed the stroller and car seat off our to-do lists this weekend; at the very least, Henry will be able to travel home and should have a place to sleep if he were to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jamie, thanks for sharing all of that! You know that I am praying every day and positive thoughts! Remember what I told you and please let me know as soon as you want to!
    Can't believe that the arrival is so soon! It has flown! I hope tomorrow's dr. appt. will give you good word!!

    ReplyDelete