Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Adventures in Tummy Time


I know I haven't kept up with the blog but I'll try catching everything up over the next week (they say that you're more likely to do something if it's in writing).

Anyway, Henry had a big day during tummy time today and luckily I had the camera out to document. Without further ado, may I present 'Tummy Time' told from Henry's point of view...


It started off the same as any ordinary day... Mom put me on my stomach as usual.


I chewed on my arm...


I pitched a little fit...

and I tried to fall asleep, after all I was on a pillow not an exercise mat.



Mom managed to outsmart me (she's quite a bit bigger than I am) and made me lay flat on the ground.


Now, this where my day becomes interesting- I somehow managed to free my right arm from underneath my large head which resulted in a sideways position. This was new so I decided to experiment and see what might occur through trial and error.


First, I decided to swing my little arms.

Nothing.


Next, I decided to again swing my little arms but add in a peculiar mouth position.


Again, nothing, but I wasn't ready to give up yet.


Now: swinging arms, peculiar mouth, and lifting right leg



Foiled yet again.


One last try: swinging arms, peculiar mouth, lifting right leg and using my abnormally large big toes as counter balance


wait.... something is definitely happening...



SUCCESS!!


Then, Mom finally let me have the nap I had been longing for. :)
The End



3 comments: